Truck and Coach Technician
Positions available at Maple, Barrie, Bracebridge, and Mississauga
Job Summary: Truck & Transport Technicians (310T) service, repair, overhaul, diagnose and inspect motor coaches, heavy trucks and truck-trailers.
Must hold Licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification or Truck and Coach Technician Certification (inter-provincial seal preferred) 310T
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete repairs needed efficiently. Work to keep repairs completed in timely fashion, if work is scheduled and to be completed by specific time, please do so or inform him/her, so alternate arrangements can be made.
- Detecting and diagnosing operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines, transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems and air conditioning/refrigeration systems. Ensure jobs are properly diagnosed and service advisor/shop foreman is aware of findings.
- Adjusting, overhauling, repairing and reassembling engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, differentials, brakes, drive shafts, axles and other assemblies.
- Repair as outlined in OEM manuals and to OEM standards
- Ensure you have appropriate tools, manuals, parts to complete the task. Ability to use various diagnostic equipment to diagnose and isolate faults or malfunctions.
- Report any tools you find damaged or unsafe to Shop Foreman.
- Work in a safe manner, report any unsafe equipment or conditions to a supervisor immediately.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers in a courteous manner.
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications, as well as work orders.
- Participate in all training and skills upgrading that is required to effectively and safely perform your duties.
- Use the appropriate PPE supplied by the company.
- Comply with WHMIS Guidelines.