310T Truck & Transport Technician - All locations
Truck and Transport Technicians (310T) service, repair, overhaul, diagnose and inspect motor coaches, heavy trucks and truck trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete repairs efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Detect and diagnose operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines, transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems and air conditioning/refrigeration systems.
- Ensure all jobs are properly diagnosed and service advisor/shop foreman is aware of findings.
- Adjust, overhaul, repair and reassemble engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, differentials, brakes, drive shafts, axles and other assemblies.
- Repair as outlined in OEM manuals and to OEM standards.
- Ensure you have appropriate tools, manuals, parts to complete each task.
- Ability to use various diagnostic equipment to diagnose and isolate faults or malfunctions.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe equipment or conditions to a supervisor immediately.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers in a courteous manner.
- Read and interpret owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications as well as work orders.
- Participate in all training and skills upgrading that is required to effectively and safely perform your duties.
- Comply with safety requirements as outlined under OHSA, WHMIS, the company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies, including appropriate use of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- OSSD, GED or ACE.
- Computer literate.
- Fluent in English for both oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed Heavy-Duty Mechanic Certification 310T or 421A and Class G Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Unencumbered ability to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, bend, lift occasionally and work in confined spaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is minor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Mid Ontario Truck Centre is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarian and Disabilities Act (AODA) and The Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)