The Parts Counter Clerk runs the parts desk, supporting the department by providing customer service and administering service requests related to heavy truck repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and answer phones.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service by answering all customer inquiries.
- Call assigned customer accounts to inform customers of companion part requirements and specials, ensure the customer is exposed to full product line.
- Create and close parts sales orders.
- Provide estimates as required.
- Input customer and order information and verify information is correct.
- Responsible for invoicing.
- Ordering parts, stocking shelves and picking parts to fill orders.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, and/or pick up.
- Maintains orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Assists with general inventory maintenance including cycle counting along with aiding the shipping and receiving department when needed.
- Notify parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Notify the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- As requested, parts personnel may be asked to assist in department problem solving issues as well as assist new hires with on boarding and training.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the OHSA, WHMIS company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies including proper use of appropriate PPE. Follow business code of ethics and communicate to team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- 2-3 years relevant administrative/customer service experience. Parts counter experience an asset. Strong computer experience in Excel, Word and Windows based software.
- OSSD, GED or ACE
- High standard of fluency in English for both oral and written correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit, walk, stoop, lift and bend and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is minor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Mid Ontario Truck Centre is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarian and Disabilities Act (AODA) and The Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)