Shop Hand - Bracebridge
Under close supervision, this position performs various up-keep and maintenance duties such as cleaning shop, picking up tools, sweeping floors, emptying trash cans and other housekeeping chores. Duties may also include assisting other shop personnel, running parts and supplies from the warehouse to the shop floor as well as general assembly work that may require operating automated machinery and various power/hand tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General facility up-keep, maintenance and organization.
- General maintenance of shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck.
- General assembly work that may require operating automated machinery and various power/hand tools.
- Inspects all assembly parts and reports defective material or questionable component conditions to management.
- Assist with special projects and cover for multiple positions when staffing levels are low/production or operating demands are accelerated.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the OHSA WHMIS, company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies including appropriate use of required PPE.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- GED or ACE. Computer literate.
- High standard of fluency in English for both oral and written correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- DZ License preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position requires ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, stretch. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is minor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Mid Ontario Truck Centre is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarian and Disabilities Act (AODA) and The Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)